Victorian 18ct Gold Mourning Locket Slider Starburst Pearl Onyx Belt Cuff Slider
An unusual and beautiful antique Victorian 18ct gold, onyx and pearl mourning locket / slider pendant. A heavy and decadent piece, with a rich 18ct gold mount (fully acid tested), ball finials surround a deep black onyx cabochon, the centre set with a starburst design around a lustrous pearl.
The reverse of this piece has a lift out locket window. The back is set with a raised bar, presumably for sliding onto a cuff or belt maybe? A fine piece, beautifully made, and a unique piece, I've never seen one!
The raised bar at the back has a 1cm depth x 3.5cm long, so certainly deep enough to thread a velvet belt or wide choker through. Beautiful clean condition, measuring approximately 4.5cm x 2cm. This item is in the category "Jewellery & Watches\Vintage & Antique Jewellery\Necklaces & Pendants". The seller is "rachelsprettythings" and is located in this country: GB. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Antique: Yes
- Occasion: Anniversary, Birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day
- Main Stone Colour: BLACK ONYX
- Year Manufactured: Pre-1920
- Metal: Yellow Gold
- Secondary Stone: Onyx
- Vintage: Yes
- Main Stone: Onyx
- Setting Style: STARBURST
- Brand: VICTORIAN GOLD ONYX STARBURST SLIDER
- Department: Women
- Type: VICTORIAN 18CT GOLD ONYX MOURNING LOCKET
- Metal Purity: 18ct
- Era: Victorian (1837-1901)
- Style: Beaded, Choker, Collar, Locket
- Theme: Angels, Art, Awareness, Beauty, Bohemian
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Jewellery Department: Fine